Monday, September 15, 2008

Manuas!

These are just a couple of pictures I took while visiting Manuas.  After going back and looking at these pictures I got to thinking about what I found so interesting about them - I think besides the beautiful colors and atmosphere its the shear size of everything.  This town is inland on a huge river (and I mean HUGE river) named the Rio Negro.  For more information about this town check out this link.

This first picture is the view from my hotel room.

This is one of my favorite pictures.  It's a picture of a riverboat, this is one source of main transportation in Manuas, and the smaller boats that this boat is pulling are used to carry to your destination if the riverboat can't make it.

I took this picture as I was wondering around.  This town is very busy, the street is lined with different merchants selling a variety of items.

The fish market - look at all those people and this is just a section!

I captured this picture because to me it was just so interesting.  One small boat on a huge river - it really shows the immense size of the Rio Negro and really helps put things into perspective.

You can't see it in this picture but the trees down there are just big, lush and beautiful.

One section of the town. It may be to small to see but the river front is lined with merchants.

I was walking down to get on this boat and saw these kids just having the time of their lives.  Man how I envied them!